90% of connection issues between Data Link PC software and Tru-Test devices can be resolved by re-installing the USB driver using Data Link. However, in some circumstances you may need to reinstall the device driver from scratch.
Tip: The Datamars Technical Support team have remote support capability and can help you with the process. Get help by clicking the blue messaging tool on the bottom right-hand corner of this screen.
Before you start
- Reinstall the USB driver using Data Link.
- Connect the Tru-Test device to your Windows PC with the supplied cable and turn on the device.
- Launch Data Link.
Re-installing the device driver using the Windows Device Manager
Next, you need to re-install the device driver using the Windows Device Manager. Data Link should then be able to connect with your device.
1. Select the magnify glass icon on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen to activate the Windows search function.
2. Type Device Manager into the search field, then choose Device Manager when it is displayed in the search options.
3. After the Device Manager menu displays, choose Ports.
Note: If an exclamation mark icon is displayed beside the name of the USB port, this indicates that the USB driver needs updating.
4. Right-click and select Update Driver.
5. Choose the second option Browse my computer for driver software.
6. Again,choose the second option Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
One or more software driver options will appear with a date beside it.
7. Select ....2011. If 2011 is not available, choose an option which is older than 2011.
The USB driver will reinstall.
8. Go back to Data Link and confirm that the connection between Data Link and the device has been established.
- Ask us a question in the blue messaging tool on the bottom right hand side of your screen.